Adewale Mayowa Emmanuel, known by his stage name as Mayorkun, is a Nigerian artist, singer, songwriter and pianist. Mayorkun is a special artist who had gained much fans and love through his music.
Mayorkun rose to prominent when he released a cover of Davido’s “The Money” single and was discovered by OBO on Twitter and he was luckily signed into Davido’s record label Davido Music Worldwide (DMW) in 2016.
MAYORKUN BIOGRAPHY AND PROFILE
Mayorkun born as Adewale Mayowa Emmanuel was brought to the world on the 23rd of March 1994 in Osun State, Nigeria. He is currently 27 years old. Born into the family of Toyin and Sunday Adewale. Who is Mayorkun mother? Mayorkun mother Toyin, is a Nigerian Nollywood actress, while his father is a movie producer and artist. Mayorkun is the first-born child of three kids.
Mayorkun attended Living-Spring Montessori in Lagos, Nigeria, for his primary and secondary school education where his crave and career for music started and he obtained his first school leaving certificate. He went further for his West African Senior School Certificate Exams which he wrote at Hi-Grade College in Lagos.
Mayorkun got enrolled and did his tertiary education at the University of Lagos, where he graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
MAYORKUN BANKING CAREER
The singer started his banking career after his graduation, he started looking for job with his certificate, lucky for him he got employed into first bank of Nigeria. Mayorkun while working at the bank felt he wasn’t been paid to his taste and thought of giving music a chance since he has always had passion for music.
It got to a stage, the singer decided to quit his banking job and fully focus on his music career since banking wasn’t paying him well. He left banking to face his passion and by his grace, he rose to prominent with the help of Davido and he became one of the 30 billion gang members.
AWARDS WON BY MAYORKUN
Mayorkun has been the talk of town and is now one of the best Nigerian musician who has won several awards since he rose to fame. Some of his awards are;
- 2016 – Rookie of the Year Award as The Headies event (Winner)
- 2016 – Most Promising Act at the City People Entertainment Awards (Winner)
- 2016 – Best New Act at the Nigerian Teen Choice Awards (Nominated)
- 2016 – Choice New Song of the Year at the Nigerian Teen Choice Awards (Winner)
- 2017 – Best New Act Award at the City People Entertainment Awards (Winner)
- 2017 – Best Music Cover Award at the City People Entertainment Awards (Winner)
- 2018 – Artist of the Year Award at the City People Entertainment Awards (Winner)
- 2018 – Next Rated award at The Headies event (Winner)
- 2019 – Best R&B/Pop Album for The Mayor of Lagos at The Headies Event (Winner)
- 2019 – Hip Hop World Revelation as The Headies Event (Winner)
- 2021 – The Headies Award for Best Street-Hop Artiste
MAYORKUN RELATIONSHIP STATUS
The relationship status of Mayorkun have been the talk on the face of his fans and have been the big question of the day; Is Mayorkun married?
Well, looking at his lifestyle it is obvious to say Mayorkun can be in a relatioship but not yet married. Some other blogs out there will say that the singer is married to Arafath Akinfenwa without showing pictures of his wife or showing up proofs. So for now, his relationship status is unknown.
MAYORKUN NET WORTH
The singer’s net worth is estimated to be around $5million. The musician has done great things and has deeply changed his status, Apart from music, Mayorkun also makes money through endorsement, branding, hyping and promotion. The internet was shocked after Mayorkun bought his house of N200million naira in Lagos.
Leave a Reply