|Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) Scholarship .
Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) Ongoing Scholarship Opportunity
Here again; another ongoing scholarship opportunity available for African students who wants to pursue a program degree in their African home instead of going to another continent for study.
This scholarship opportunity is been offered by The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) for interested candidates.
However, this scholarship opportunity is aimed to train leaders who have a continental development mindset; leaders who will facilitate greater cohesion and cooperation between African countries and the world at large.
About Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS)
The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) is an Africa-wide think tank which provides a forum for dialogue, information dissemination, networking and research on the different elements of Africa. The institutions aims to shape policy and practice on governance, economic development and the evolution of African institutions.
It seeks to address the short, medium, and long-term development challenges in Africa in a holistic and comprehensive manner. MINDS is a non-governmental organisation and is based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Details For The MINDS Ongoing Scholarship Opportunity
Deadline for Application: Ongoing/Still Available.
Countries Available To: African countries.
Type of Scholarship: Postgraduate.
Number of Award: Not mentioned.
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship will cover some or all of the expenses below, depending on whether a partial or full scholarship is awarded:
- Accommodation and meals,
- One return ticket per duration of studies,
- A fixed stipend.
Eligibility For The MINDS Ongoing Scholarship Opportunity
- Candidate must be a national of an African country, residing in any African country.
- Candidate have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s outside of your country of citizenship and/ or residency.
- Candidate have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s to pursue postgraduate studies within the following year.
- Candidate have obtained at least 70% in each subject/ course in the last two completed years of study.
- Candidate have produce evidence of demonstrated leadership abilities or potential guided by the questions/ requirements set out in the application form.
How to Apply For The MINDS Ongoing Scholarship Opportunity
Interested candidates should submit application by clicking HERE
. Please have the following documents scanned, saved and ready for uploading. All documents uploaded must be in PDF format. Each attachment should not exceed 2MB in size. The needed documents are;
1. A copy of the data/ bio page of your passport.
2. A certified academic transcript/ results slip of the last two years of study.
3. A copy of the official acceptance letter from the university. The letter must;
- Be addressed to the applicant.
- State the degree which the applicant has been accepted to study.
- State the academic year at which the degree will commence.
- State the duration of the course (e.g. one year).
4. A copy of a valid study permit or visa OR proof of application. (Optional).
5. A detailed CV/ Resume of not more than four (4) single sided pages.
6. Two reference letters (of not more than 3 pages each) addressing the applicant’s demonstration of integrity, their competency and/or potential as a leader and their commitment to the development of the African continent.